-- --

Saturday, June 25, 2011

All Ears, in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Papillon, in Park Slope
Photo by myself around 1st Street and 5th Avenue, in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

This friendly couple and their beloved papillon dog were enjoying the air, Friday night. They were nice enough to pose for me (very patiently, I might add, since I was having trouble with my camera!).

The papillon is named after the shape of their ears. 'Papillon' means 'butterfly' in French. This sweet little dog was completely at ease to have a big lens in her face.

This spaniel breed has been long associated with royalty, appearing in European paintings from the 1500s.

Papillon
With her ears, this little dog looked like she would fly away.

Related posts: Dogs in Fur Coats, on Madison Avenue, Doggy Bag, on the Q Train and Roaming Free, in Prospect Park, Brooklyn.

6 comments:

biebkriebels said...

He is sweet and totally at ease posing.

Leif Hagen said...

We read about Papillon dogs in our daughter's "Fancy Nancy" books! Because they are fancy dogs!

Montreal Photo Daily said...

Looks like a good time! Enjoy folks and doggie.

Excellent photos.

Have a happy Saturday!

Pierre said...

Hi Kitty

I love the look of calm and in love with this couple. Very nice photo

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty! What a wonderful candid! They look really happy!

Banjo52 said...

That's a casually great portrait! I'm trying to figure out why. Yes, they look very contented, but there's more. Is it the reddish frame around them? Or the fact that pooch's tail to man's head is the hypotenuse of a triangle? Maybe that's a stretch, but there's something here that makes it much more than a snapshot. Nice!

(I didn't know I could spell "hypotenuse," but sp check is giving me a green light.