I've been scrambling this past week for yet another huge presentation. It went well enough and the dust is finally settling a little before the next wave of deadlines.
Mark and I are looking forward to a nice weekend. We plan to drive around Long Island, shop for fall clothes and just relax. Hooray.
I wanted to mention the house I've been working on in my 'spare time' at the office. We've been doing the interiors of a four-bedroom house for the nicest people in the world, but the job has been strangely ill-fated.
In the five months or so that I've been on the project, the following has happened:
1. I've had surgery twice (they were minor, as surgeries go).
2. The client has had surgery.
3. The decorator has had surgery.
4. The decorator's assistant's grandmother passed away.
5. The contractor's father died.
6. The decorator had to leave our office due to health issues.
Um...what could possibly be next?
Thankfully, my responsibilities are dribbling to an end. The walls and doors are in, the mouldings are going up, the bathroom vanities are being installed.
In a matter of months the house will be finished. Either that, or we will be!
Photo by myself, on the platform at Smith and 9th Streets.