-- --

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life in the Balance

Times Square, NY
Another photo from my quick walk through Times Square the other day, at 42nd Street and 8th Avenue.

Hm...I suppose that's a Chase Bank across the street?

--

Mark says Argentina is wonderful. He's there for another week for his job, filming a commercial for a major airline.

Usually Mark's here to answer my questions - is this photo better, or this one? What the name of that restaurant again? And he's always asking me the same question: 'Are you blogging? You're blogging, aren't you. You're blogging?'

I'm both enjoying and disliking this time while he's gone. It's great to be free to do anything that I want to do. But it's tough after being with someone most of the time to suddenly be on your own.

Finding a middle ground has been tough. Time is limited and after subtracting all the time spent at work, you're left with just a little bit to divide up between being together and doing your own thing.

Now that Mark is moving in, things will be better. Less time will be spent commuting back and forth, and having to remember whose clothes are where. We'll be able to cook more and make our own lunches, since we'll be stocking just one fridge.

For the last few days, the cat has tried to fill Mark's shoes but it's not the same. I fear our language differences are getting in the way.

11 comments:

Olivier said...

souvent mon anglais coule (et j'avoue que c'est pas la traduction de mr Google qui m'arrange (souvent même elle est très amusante a lire) ). Donc je vais dire que j'aime cette ambiance avec le choix b&w, surtout quand on sait les problèmes des banques aux USA en ce moment

Often runs my English (and I admit that this is not the translation of Google that helps me (often it is very amusing to read)). So I will say that I like this atmosphere with the choice b & w, especially when we know the problems of banks in the USA at this time

Unknown said...

I didn't realise NY zebra crossings were so wide.

Fredrik said...

Another great black and white. I think the bank name makes this picture. It sums up what's it's all about in the city. Chasing...time.

Spandrel Studios said...

It's always that way, isn't it? We need "me time" when we're together, and we miss each other when we're away.

Argentina's a great style source, by the way... Maybe Mark will come back with a present?

Carolyn said...

Love this pic. I love the contrast of the black and white.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Nice photo Kitty. It's good that you are missing him. People need time apart to fully appreciate each other....and think of the reunion ;-)

Ming the Merciless said...

I have heard wonderful things about Argentina too. But it's so damn far away. It's like 8 hours flight from NYC, I think.

Eva said...

Like Fredrik said, the name of the bank is the focal point and gives the picture a double meaning.

I really like this picture! :-)

Mom Knows Everything said...

Having a man around the house is really useful. I don't have to shovel the driveway, mow the lawn, change a light bulb, etc. I tell him it's one of the reasons I married him. LOL!

Kitty said...

Hi Olivier
It's interesting to find out how the US is perceived. I didn't make the connection about the banking situation, lol

Hi Gail's Man
The crossing is wide around 42nd street, since it's such a thoroughfare. Normally there aren't zebra stripes on most streets

Hi Spandrel
I agree! Grass is always greener.
well Mark is 'allowed' to send photos of possible leather items, lol. Oh, the age we live in!

Thanks Barber Bunch.
I love how graphic it looks too!

Hi Fish
GOOD POINT. If we didn't miss each other, that would be not so good. I much prefer being missed!

Hi Ming
yes, it's 11 hours away by plane!! 11 hours!!! a very long ride

Hi Eva!
Thanks and welcome!

Tammy, you are funny.
I agree. Fellas can be mighty useful!

Andi said...

My boyfriend Adam's brother is a seasoned world traveller, he ha visited many many countries and says that Argentina was his favourite place in the whole wide world.
He also said the steak there is unbelievably good. I'd want to go for the tango.

Love the black and white pictures !!
x