-- --

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shooting (Film) in the Park

Bethesda Fountain, CenA Vtral Park
Photo by myself near the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, around 72nd Street.

This open area is a major gathering place in the park among many.

Tons of events go on in Central Park, often at the same time - people run around a man-made reservoir and many roads and paths, horse-drawn carts pull visitors, weddings take place in the Conservatory garden, kids visit the zoo.

--

I was in Central Park the other day, where my boyfriend Mark was on a shoot for a commercial he's working on.

He's filming Friday through Sunday, working full days, coming home with a sore back and feet. The work on film or video shoots can be tough - waking up at 5 am, standing around for hours at a time, waiting for a cloud to shift and the light to change.

Working as a freelancer is feast or famine. Luckily for Mark, it's been the former. He's been going from project to project at this one office for a couple months. It's high stress work though, with no room for error. He's always on the phone, checking his emails at all hours, working out schedules and logistics.

By 9:30, he's pooped, falling asleep on the sofa next to me.

Poor kid.

Related posts: The Latest with Mark and Me.

8 comments:

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Mmm, nice. It looks sunny too - I miss the sun... Actually it's still warm so I'd love to just stand under that fountain!
Aww, your blog just gets better and better!
Ciao

Scarlet x

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I thought I would like to work with film crews, now I am not so sure. Actually, I am not sure what I would like to do (job wise) for the rest of my life. What I do now is not fun anymore. ha ha

The photo is lovely. I'd like to visit Central Park some day.

Mo said...

Nice shot Kitty, I have a friend who used todo music videos and movies, grueling schedules. When she had a break between projects she would sleep for what seemed like days.

Anonymous said...

Although the feast/famine part can be challenging, working for yourself does have its perks... hope Mark gets a day off sometime soon when he can just follow his muse. Or meet you for a suprise lunch, sometime!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good day in the park.

Paz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I just hit the photography jackpot!
I love NYC, was there in February, and am really excited to have stumbled upon your blog. Your work is fantastic!
Thanks!

Ken Mac said...

oh, I love that fountain!

Kitty said...

Hi Scarlet
Thanks, dear.

Here's wishing you some sunshine!

Hi Tam
Ah, I can relate. It's a very fine balance between being able to do your job well and being unchallenged.

You ought to come by NYC. Strolling thru Central Park can be really nice.

Hi Mo
Yeah, I think the work is surprisingly draining and very physical. Not for the lazy bones!

Thanks Spandrel dear
He had a day off today and vegetated in front of the tv with the cat, lol. They did absolutely nothing.

Thanks Paz!

Welcome Brandi
thanks for coming by. Always nice to meet people who love the city.

I look forward to visiting your blog as well.

Hey Ken
you and me, both. There's something about that area that is spacious and serene.