-- --

Monday, April 13, 2009

One Really Big Fountain

Bryant Park NYC
Photo by myself in Bryant Park, around 42nd Street and 6th Avenue.

Some visitors were enjoying the spring weather near a huge fountain in the park last week.


I've been trying to take a photo of people during rush hour. It would be a side view of the image I posted Sunday.

The reason? The morning rush hour closely resembles the famous scenes in zombie movies.

Imagine a mass of people slugging along at about the same pace, moving up the sidewalk. Their eyes are glazed, bodies leaning forward, faces slack. Some are smoking. Some are visibly half-asleep. Some are cursing the subway ride. Together they make an enormous zombie organism. Woe to you if you're trying to walk the opposite direction!

Hopefully I'll get a photo of the zombies, soon. If only if I weren't such a zombie myself!

Related posts: Cold Days in Midtown, Yep It's Still Winter and Brrrrrrrrr.


Susu said...

Just chilling... and people watching! The Big Apple is the place to be for that, right?!

Paz said...

That IS a really big fountain.

Paz (who feels like a zombie right now)

Lily Hydrangea said...

relaxing atmosphere, a rare NY scene!
I can't wait to see the zombies though.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Ahhh I had a lovely lovely day off today. I was alive for once. Tomorrow it's back to being a zombie!! Pht!!

Melanie said...

Great photos--I especially like the black and whites!!!