-- --

Monday, April 13, 2009

One Really Big Fountain

Bryant Park NYC
Photo by myself in Bryant Park, around 42nd Street and 6th Avenue.

Some visitors were enjoying the spring weather near a huge fountain in the park last week.

--

I've been trying to take a photo of people during rush hour. It would be a side view of the image I posted Sunday.

The reason? The morning rush hour closely resembles the famous scenes in zombie movies.

Imagine a mass of people slugging along at about the same pace, moving up the sidewalk. Their eyes are glazed, bodies leaning forward, faces slack. Some are smoking. Some are visibly half-asleep. Some are cursing the subway ride. Together they make an enormous zombie organism. Woe to you if you're trying to walk the opposite direction!

Hopefully I'll get a photo of the zombies, soon. If only if I weren't such a zombie myself!

Related posts: Cold Days in Midtown, Yep It's Still Winter and Brrrrrrrrr.

5 comments:

Susu said...

Just chilling... and people watching! The Big Apple is the place to be for that, right?!

Paz said...

That IS a really big fountain.

Paz (who feels like a zombie right now)

dianasfaria.com said...

relaxing atmosphere, a rare NY scene!
I can't wait to see the zombies though.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Ahhh I had a lovely lovely day off today. I was alive for once. Tomorrow it's back to being a zombie!! Pht!!

Melanie said...

Great photos--I especially like the black and whites!!!