-- --

Thursday, May 21, 2009

On the Steps of the New York Public Library

New York Public Library
Photo by myself at the New York Public Library, at 42nd Street and Fifth Avenue.

The main branch of the New York Public Library is well known, for the pair of reclining lions flanking the steps. The steps are quite wide and provide a place to hang out on a nice day.

I liked this image for the people at different sizes and the architecture behind them, which is massive.

--

Mark comes back from Buenos Aires tomorrow, which is great.

In the time that he's been gone, our puppy Rupert has
-eaten his own poop at least three times
-eaten part of a snake plant, which is considered poisonous to dogs
-tripped me onto the pavement. Ouch.
-unintentionally bitten my arm (he was excited, my arm was in the way)
-challenged my authority in every way possible

Lol, fortunately dogs grow out of this stage!

Related posts: The Latest in Un-Model Behavior, Mass Mentality and Snowing in the City.

7 comments:

Tiago said...

I love your pictures and your blog! How do you took those pictures to the people without they notice it?

Kitty said...

Welcome TC and thanks!

Some people do notice my taking pictures. But then, it's NY, there's a lot going on, and often I must look like I'm taking a photo of the monument/building/whatever behind them.

It's more difficult to take candids in smaller towns.

valeria said...

Bella foto, Kitty. As always. Browsed about your last posts and they are all so good...
You're right, it's quite difficult to take candids in smaller towns.... I have been working on it lately and I have developed gestures and expressions that help me to get away with it....!!!

Fredrik said...

Great catch. And the pic works so well in b&w!

Ken Mac said...

good adherence to two thirds rule!

Mike said...

I love to go there. A huge library I hear.

charu said...

Great shoot kittty. a huge national flag and with central wall at the background. Looks Awesome