-- --

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Quality Mending Company, Soho

Quality Mending Co., NYC
Photo by myself in Soho, around Crosby and Grand Streets.

A mysterious stairwell in Soho looks like it belongs in a movie. It turns out that Quality Mending provides items for use in set designs.

--

We're hunkered up for the weekend, awaiting a huge snowfall. As of 10:30 pm, Brooklyn has about 3 inches on the ground. Much more is expected.

Just a note...I've been told that I'm not attentive enough toward our cat, Dida. (She's doing all right, coping with kidney and heart disease).

At home

A coworker of mine always asks about the cat, since the dog automatically gets so much attention. So the other day, I tried taking photos of the cat while she was napping on the windowsill.

Lo and behold, after a few minutes, Rupert interrupted the photoshoot. Though he dislikes the camera, he was jealous of the attention.

They get along sort of. I'm too much of an idealist, wishing they could be best buddies. Alas, these two speak different languages and often misunderstand each other.

At home

Related posts: Making an Entrance, in Midtown, Outside Mxyplyzyk, in the Village and The Walls have Ears.

7 comments:

Laura Cousins said...

I now know where to go to, should I ever need my quality mended. Excellent!

Kizz said...

I pried myself out of bed and hit off leash hours to take some photos of all the happy dogs. Does Rupert like the snow?

My cats have been "predicting" the storm for days, running around, chasing each other, acting like the possessed. Does Dida ever do that kind of thing when exciting weather is on the way?

Fredrik said...

Lovely photo. It's obvious who's the poseur in the family!
Hope your cat gets better.

Fashion Schlub said...

I love seeing those below-stree-level businesses...that one looks like something from an old movie...

Kitty said...

ha, Lozzie!

Hi Kizz
You're intrepid for going to the dog run today. It wasn't as cold as the other day but the snow was difficult to navigate.

Dida doesn't do much but lounge around and get in Rupert's way, lol. Rupert is quite the wuss and dislikes the cold very much.

I'd love to have your cats give Dida a lesson or two.

Thanks Fredrik
Yes, Rupert is quite the ham. He must get it from his Dad.

Hi MissB
I quite agree. I thought I'd stumbled onto a movie set myself. Mark thought there might be a cool bar located on the other side of the door, since it looks so other worldly.

Joanne said...

Ohhh! I love both of these animals...

Espresso said...

Sweet photos :)