-- --

Sunday, January 3, 2010

On the Hudson River and Stupid Pet Tricks

Across the Hudson, toward Jersey
Photo by myself in Riverside Park, around 88th Street and Riverside Drive.

It's been very cold in New York and New Jersey, which is just a river's width away.

Saturday night, Mark, Rupert and I attended a party in Hoboken, New Jersey. The wind chill made it feel like 1 degree Fahrenheit.

--

One of the most popular searches connected to this site is 'the man with a cat on his head'. I took a photo of him last January and posted it here.

I've seen the fellow a couple times in the Union Square area. Evidently many other people have seen him and wanted to know more.

So as I was deciding what write for today's post, I happened to browse on the Times NY Region section. Lo and behold, the guy with the cat on his head made it as one of the Pictures of the Week!

Both he and the cat are seen braving the chilly outdoors, one on top of the other. They look fine, albeit a little grumpy. You can see the Times photo here.

Related posts: Docked Along the West Side, Bridging the Gap and Life on the Water, in Riverside Park.

6 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Great post. I hadn't seen your photo of the man with the cat on his head. Really cool.

Fashion Schlub said...

you could teach rupert to sit on your head! ha!

i hope he has a warm sweater to wear in this weather. even my caleb gets chilled and shivers when we're out too long, and he's a husky thick-coated guy.

dianasfaria.com said...

how nice Rupert was able to attend the NJ party with you!
I really enjoyed your New Year "reflections" I feel much the same way.
Happy New Year Kitty!

Laura Cousins said...

It seems perfectly sensible to me to go out in minus-goodness-knows-what teperatures wearing your own internally powered hot fur hat.

(I guess that just goes to show how very British I have now become.)

Kitty said...

Thanks Luis!
I'm just glad to have seen the photo in the Times. Pure coincidence!

Hi Miss B
ha, that is funny! I would need some support to my neck, or poor Rup would have to lose a couple pounds.

If I were the cat, I'd go on strike. It's been cold!

Thanks dear Lily!

Hi Lozzie
I'll have to look that up. Is it truly powered or is it just fur?

Chicago Girl said...

This photo of the benches reminds me of the movie Serendipity, when the guy and girl are sitting on the bench by the ice skating rink and have a "moment" of spark. I know it's not the same location, but I love photos that bring up emotional responses in me. Thanks for sharing it with us!