-- --

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On Line for Cream Cakes, Outside

Cream Cakes, Chinatown
Photo by myself in Chinatown.

Yet another photo from my walk around Chinatown, where street food runs rampant.

There are carts in this area for stir fry noodles, roast meats and fruit, though not nearly as many as there are in Asia. It is nice to know these are here if you want to pick up a snack on the way home.

I'm not sure what cream cakes are, but for 25 cents apiece, they're extremely affordable. Next time I will have to sample one or three!

Lichee Stand, Sunset Park, Ramen Noodles in the East Village and Hot Off the Grill, in the East Village.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

en effet c'est pas cher, j'espere que c'est bon

Ken said...

I believe they are like a sponge cake with fruit on top! Yum! Now, I want dessert before my breakfast! Nice B&W too!

Ken Mac said...

these gals don't look too happy bout their treats...

lewi14@gmail.com said...

I would like line up too. Nice photo.

Pat said...

It looks like they're popular, and you caught the atmosphere. I didn't think hardly anything sold for 25 cents anymore. Please DO go back and try one...or two.

Anonymous said...

The prices sound just right for the amount of food. I'd stop at the stand. ;-)

Paz

Lori said...

Seeing this makes me wish I'd spent more time in Chinatown. Please sample these and report on how they were.

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

From the photo on the booth, they look suspiciously like Twinkies. We need a full report next time you're there!