-- --

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Big Red Monster, in Herald Square

Elmo, in Herald Square
Photo by myself in Herald Square, around 34th Street and Seventh Avenue.

Elmo, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and Sponge Bob Square Pants were just some of the characters populating this busy area near Macy's, last week.

I'm not sure what the occasion was for the people in costume? Maybe they were just enjoying the nice weather, like everyone else.

Elmo, in Herald Square

--

Mark is in LA for a few weeks for work, so I'm playing single mom right now to our cat and dog.

I've let myself go a little already. Breakfast this weekend has been Oreo cookies. Gone is the half bag of Doritos I swore I'd never lay hands on. Now I am eyeballing the can of Spaghetti-O's we've stashed in case of alien invasion. Horrible!

The nice thing is that we can video chat. Rupert starts howling when he hears Mark's voice, then cocks his head to each side, trying to figure out what the face on the computer screen is.

Anyway, kudos to those single parents out there. It's not easy!

Related posts: Big Green Monster, in Midtown, Step Lively and Santas on Parade, in Washington Square Park.

6 comments:

Robert said...

Haha, if just all "monsters" were like "this one"......

Anonymous said...

Oh my these are very nice photos.

Fashion Schlub said...

Elmo is vomiting his love for you. Ew. Ha.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

I see these characters in Times Square more often than not on my way home from work. I always assumed they were there for tourist photo opportunities.

Pat said...

I like the people on the poster in back of the 'monster' in the first photo! Looks like they're lining up to stick their fingers in Elmo's mouth like the kid is! Great, happy shots.

Pictures of New York said...

If only all the monster are like that i would not be afraid of the monster anymore..hahah