-- --

Monday, July 12, 2010

Singing for Supper, in Washington Square Park

Singing in Washington Square Park
Photo by myself, below the arch in Washington Square Park.

It was brightly, painfully sunny and hot on Sunday. These wonderful singers donned sunglasses so they could sing in relative comfort.

Street singers often animate their acts with hand gestures, shout-outs and poses. It's not enough just to stand there and sing. Singers need to cajole their audience to give up their hard-earned cash.

Most sane New Yorkers were inside or out of town, because of the intense heat. There was barely a breeze. I was silly enough to go shoe shopping and wound up walking around in circles, delirious and sweating. Oh, what we ladies do in the name of fashion!

Happy week, everyone!

Related posts: Singing the Blues, Below Ground, Seranading the Crowds on the Subway Platform and Performing Free, in Bryant Park.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

beau b&w pour ce concert de rue

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Great photo as usual Kitty. I stayed inside the entire weekend with the AC blasting. It was lovely. I can't wait for autumn ;-)

Eve said...

I like the finger snapper. :D

Lou said...

This is what i love about New York. On one corner you have someone player guitar. Reach another block and there's a group singing. Love it.

Ken Mac said...

oh no not the doo woppers or the guys doing "My Girl" for the 100th time....!

Anonymous said...

This used to be quite commmon all around. I guess more so in the larger cities, but here where I live people played for money or spare change. Times are tough everywhere.

Do you have a favorite recipe?

I need help.

I am trying to get some favorite family recipes from some of my favorite bloggers. I even started a new blog to hold them and I have already received some submissions and more have been promised.

I would like for you to type out your favorite family recipe. Nothing fancy, just whatever type is on your machine. Include your photo of yourself or of the dish you send or both. I can usually use your blogging profile photo if that is OK with you. Include the recipe.

I will post your recipe with your pictures and I am working on whether or not to include links. Links are no problem but so many people switch blogging services and that would make your link non-working, so I will probably not link your blog.

Send the recipe, with your photo and a photo of your recipe in a dish or whatever, to:

http://fatladyrecipes.blogspot.com/
Fat Lady Recipes

Thank you for your recipe.

Abe Lincoln

Anonymous said...

Street entertainment is always cheerful and often amazingly talented. I like the action photo. Thanks, Kitty!