-- --

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On Swinging Jazz and Sniffing Dogs

Alex Lo Dico Ensemble, NYC
Photo by myself at the 34th Street subway station, in Midtown.

I've taken a few photos of the Alex Lo Dico Ensemble, at the subway station above. Tuesday evening, I was standing behind two columns and two saxophonists from the band.

This group never fails to thrill me because they so obviously love what they do. And the music they create is loud, brash and terrific. You can often hear them playing from the subway platforms, one or two levels below.

--

I haven't posted a photo of Rupert in little a while. He's been getting requests for an appearance.

Pups on Parade
Photo by myself, somewhere in the East Village.

Above, a doggie meet-and-greet on an East Village street corner. Several small dogs took a whiff during one recent visit.

It might seem like small dogs dominate New York, but not so. Smaller dogs might be more portable on the subway*, but dogs of all sizes can be found here. Some of Rupert's favorite buddies are a Newfoundland and a German Shepherd, who live nearby.

*Only seeing-eye dogs or dogs in a carrier are allowed on the subway.

Related posts: All that Jazz, On Music and Elephants, Underground and Music While you Wait.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

j'adore la premiere photo, superbe expression du musicien, bravo

Luis Gomez said...

Great shot of a musician!
Love seeing Rupert.

Im Zweiten Stock said...

I also love dogs and the musicians is fantastic. Great pictures

Ken said...

Rup is the smell of the twown! Good to see him!

dianasfaria.com said...

I see Rupert is quite popular! I am not surprised, who could resist those sweet eyes?
Thanks for sharing this Kitty.
: )