-- --

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Morning Commute on the N Train

Morning Commute
Photo by myself on the subway, near Union Square.

On the subway, it is not uncommon to encounter a whole class of children on their way to a field trip. It looks like a lot of work to monitor the kids so they all get off at the right station.

I'm not sure where this class was heading. A museum? A park? The aquarium?

Unfortunately, I only had one chance to take a photo, because I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Holding onto the pole, my purse and my lunch, on a lurching train while focusing the camera was a little like Cirque du Soleil. All that was missing was a flaming hula hoop.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Related posts: Running Amok in the Streets, On Kids in the Slope and in the Country and Playing Ball in the Public Courts.

8 comments:

Cesc Sales said...

Happy Friday too!

Luis Gomez said...

Nice shot!

Alistair said...

I really like the last "folksingers" print and of course this one is really spontaneous and vibrant.
If you have yet to buy your new camera to replace your G% then maybe these shots give a significant clue to what may be best for you....maybe a quality point and shoot with manual overide would be better for your style than the Leica you mentioned or maybe an LX5 from Panasonic with great pics but small and easy to use.
Hope you haven't already bought your new camera but if you have then please ignore my comments but then maybe you should ignore them anyway
Alistair
Forfar

Leif Hagen said...

They need a good shepherd to herd all the flock off the subway car quickly!
Bon weekend

Anonymous said...

A nice picture.
Happy Friday to you to

dianasfaria.com said...

this is so sweet Kitty. I love your pictures of children in NY enjoying life.
& I also love what you wrote in your last post about New Yorker's!

elsie said...

you captured it!! when I've ridden the subway I am always struck by how many young kids appear to be riding alone to or from school - this group looks like they are headed someplace fun! happy friday to you!

Scott Bulger Photography said...

This is really a fantastic shot!