-- --

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Outside Radio City Music Hall, on Sixth Avenue

Up in lights
Photo by myself in Midtown, around Sixth Avenue and 50th Street.

Every winter season, Radio City Music Hall and the Rockettes features a special show. Incredible costumes and sets describe New York City, Santa's workshop and the story of Christmas.

The show has existed since 1933. Ticket prices range between $45 and $105 a seat.

--

Not the greatest photo, I know, but I am a sucker for neon.

Related posts: Making an Entrance, in Neon, From the Corner Deli, in SoHo and Emailing Under the Influence...Not.

9 comments:

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

I think it is good...night photos are so hard to get right. It is so crazy around this area at the holiday season. But very pretty!! :)

Leovi said...

Beautiful composition with a very suggestive frame and different lights

Nori Katayama said...

I know your feeling, Kitty!

Kitty said...

Hi NYC Style!
Yeah I had to use a longer exposure and high ISO. It was hard to gauge everything and I just hate crowds!!

Thanks Leovi and welcome!

Thanks Nori!!

Cesc Sales said...

It's Christmas time!

Pierre said...

I love the light and the colors of your photo.
Thanks toi share piece of your life

RedPat said...

Nice shot! Did you use a tripod for the long exposure?

Anonymous said...

I went to the Christmas show at Radio City many years ago and experienced my first panic attack, I fled and have never gone back.
X David, NYC

anne mancine said...

"I am a sucker for neon"

As am I. Great photo, Kitty!