-- --

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Look, on Greene Street, SoHo

The Look, Soho
Photo by myself on Greene and Prince Streets, in SoHo.

Once in a while, I will be rewarded with a deadly stare.

For some reason, I really love these shots. They are confrontational, with the person and me confronting each other. (Like that legendary runway scene in Zoolander, ha).

I find the confrontation to be honest. It's a nice departure from candids now and again, where the camera definitely has the upper hand.

It depends on the situation whether I just slither away after taking such a photo, or ask whether it's okay that I took the photo. If it's not okay, I will delete the photo without question.

In this case, the fellow gave me a nod a split second later, which broke the tension. No lives were lost.

It probably helped that I am petite and female!

Related posts: The Look Outside the Dakota, Copping a Feel on the Subway and Walking the Walk, in Midtown.

9 comments:

Olivier said...

oui c'est amusant cette confrontation, surtout quand cela se termine bien. l'expression est tres bonne

Seitenstraße said...

sexy :)

s.c said...

Well the contact shows.Great composition with only a few colors. ike it.

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Yes, that you are petite and female helped, I'm sure. So did the fact that the guy knew he looked good. Cool shot, Kitty. As much as I love photography, I know that people photos are not my strong suit.

Banjo52 said...

Probably NOT the look of love . . . or do I just not get it?

Anonymous said...

Cool shot!

mari said...

I agree with Olivier; it's nice when the encounter ends nicely. And what a nice shot - doesn't hurt that your subject is very handsome, too!

Pierre BOYER said...

Great shot...
Regards from France,

Pierre

Nicky Heppenstall said...

Excellent. I love it.