-- --

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Busking, Below Union Square

Masked Buskers, Union Square
Photo by myself, below Union Square.

Union Square is one of the more popular subway stations for musical performers.

Above, I'm not sure whether these fellows are still celebrating Halloween or whether they dislike being photographed. I haven't seen them before.

They played electronica to an interested audience, Tuesday night. This station gets a ton of foot traffic crossing between the many subway lines that stop here.

'Busking' is a term for earning a living by performing in public. There is no shortage of performers here in NYC. Someone is always tooting or banging a drum or singing or doing backflips.

Or even posing half naked while doing so.

Related posts: Subway Jam Session, The Jazzman, 34th Street, and Sound the Horns, in Union Square.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

belle photo de concert dans le metro, le melange d'instrument devait rendre bien

Leeds daily photo said...

They certainly look the part. Here in England the term busking is generally used for people playing an instrument and or singing. If they are any good or at least trying I will generally give them something. Paul at Leeds in Yorkshire daily photo

Pierre BOYER said...

Very good ambiance...

Pierre

Leif Hagen said...

It must have been fun to listen to them and watch! I love listening to cello! Our two younger girls and I play Suzuki violin and in fact we're going to a violin concert tonight!
Happy weekend to you, Kitty in New York City!

Lou said...

This reminds me of one of my favourite experiences from New York. Watching and listening to the music players in the subway (usually 42nd street if I remember correctly). There is some real talent out there. :)