-- --

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sunset, on the Ride to Brooklyn

On the Ride Home, Brooklyn
Photo by myself, crossing the Manhattan Bridge on the Q train.

The ride home to Brooklyn from Manhattan can be a scenic one, if you're on the right train.

The N, Q, B and D trains pop up above ground to cross the East River. The sun was setting on the ride home, Friday night. You can see the Brooklyn Bridge, beyond.

Not long ago I overheard a Manhattanite talking about riding the train to someone visiting. 'When you see daylight, then you know you've gone too far.'

'You don't know what you're missing,' I was thinking. 'Brooklyn is the best!'

But I wasn't in my nosy-New Yorker mood. So I kept it to myself. ;-)

--

The last couple weeks have been a complete blur. Has it been that way with everyone else??! Labor Day thru New Year's typically speeds by, but this year was on hyperdrive at work and at home.

Here's the good news: Thursday marked the winter solstice. From now on, the days get gradually longer. Soon, the feeling of living in complete darkness will be a memory. It's usually tough in the winter to take photos, since we have such limited daylight. Hurrah!

Related posts: Subway Sunset on the Ride Home, Sunset Along the West Side Highway, and The Brooklyn Bridge, in the Balance.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

Je te souhaite un JOYEUX NOEL

kousuke said...

How you can take such a great photo!

Leif Hagen said...

Did Florence with the yellow scarf notice you taking the photo?
Merry Christmas regards, Kitty

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Ha, how short sighted of the person who dissed Brooklyn.

Happy Holidays Kitty!!

liisamarja said...

a new world opened to me when i "dared" to venture outside manhattan with the train...

happy holidays too you and your loved ones

Kitty said...

Thank you, Olivier!
Merry Christmas to you as well. :-)

Hi Kousuke
Thanks! I was very lucky. I took several photos and this one fortunately turned out all right!

Merry Xmas, Leif!
Yes, Flo noticed me and gave me the stink eye. Eek!

Happy holidays, my dear Fish!!! :-)

Hi Liisamarja
Thank you so much! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!