-- --

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The New York Historical Society, at Dusk

NY Historical Society, CPW Photo by myself, around 77th Street and Central Park West.

The steps outside the New York Historical Society on the Upper West Side were quiet, Tuesday evening. Just to the left out of frame is Central Park, which becomes a quiet presence at night.

The society is comprised of a museum and library. It is overshadowed in popularity by the Museum of Natural History, just a few blocks north at 81st Street. The Museum of Natural History is huge, and is known for its planetarium, fossils and dioramas. 

I have to admit that I've never gone inside the New York Historical Society, but the exterior piqued my interest. Current exhibits focus on Keith Haring, the borough of Harlem and paintings by John James Audubon.

For more about the Historical Society, check out their website, here.

Related posts: Night View, at the New York Public Library, The Met-Life Tower, in the Rain, and Twilight, on West 4th Street.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

belle photo, une belle lumiere dans l'entree du musée

biebkriebels said...

I love the light on the steps, very beautiful.

s.c said...

Beautiful colors and I see the start of a night in the museum. Great capture Kitty.

David Minor said...

As a former member (when I lived in NYC) I recommend you take a look inside - lots of goodies

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone, glad you liked this photo as much as I did taking it.

Hi David,
Thanks for dropping by and your comment. Next time I'll have to venture in. Everything was closed, including the beautiful metalwork doors.