-- --

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Outside Mamoun's, in the Village

Mamoun's, nyc Photo by myself at MacDougal and West Third Streets, in the Village.

There is almost always a line of people waiting to get into Mamoun's, a middle-eastern falafel place in the Village.

The place itself is tiny, with just a counter with a few tables inside. You're lucky to get a seat. They serve falafel, shwarmas and other sandwiches for extremely low prices, for as little as $2.50 a piece.

Mamoun's is also open til 4 or 5 am every day, which means this place is the ideal 'we've-had-too-much-to-drink-and-whoops-now-I'm-suddenly-starving' joint.

I've had many a falafel here, so I can recommend their sandwiches heartily - they are generously sized and served quickly. Check out their website here.

Related posts: Mad. Sq. Eats, in the Flatiron District, Eat Here, Eat Now, in the West Village, and Shining Bright, at Live Bait.


James Wei said...

The crowd and atmosphere of New York

K10 said...

Yes, this is just a great slice of life. Passed by many times, the line is always crazy long. This makes me even sadder that I'm not going to be able to visit this year. :-(