-- --

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Outside Mamoun's, in the Village

Mamoun's, nyc Photo by myself at MacDougal and West Third Streets, in the Village.

There is almost always a line of people waiting to get into Mamoun's, a middle-eastern falafel place in the Village.

The place itself is tiny, with just a counter with a few tables inside. You're lucky to get a seat. They serve falafel, shwarmas and other sandwiches for extremely low prices, for as little as $2.50 a piece.

Mamoun's is also open til 4 or 5 am every day, which means this place is the ideal 'we've-had-too-much-to-drink-and-whoops-now-I'm-suddenly-starving' joint.

I've had many a falafel here, so I can recommend their sandwiches heartily - they are generously sized and served quickly. Check out their website here.

Related posts: Mad. Sq. Eats, in the Flatiron District, Eat Here, Eat Now, in the West Village, and Shining Bright, at Live Bait.

2 comments:

roentare said...

The crowd and atmosphere of New York

K10 said...

Yes, this is just a great slice of life. Passed by many times, the line is always crazy long. This makes me even sadder that I'm not going to be able to visit this year. :-(