-- --

Monday, April 7, 2008

Finally Home

Statue of Liberty
Photo by myself of the Statue of Liberty from the edge of Red Hook, Brooklyn.

--

I apologize in advance for my brain deadness tonight. It's been a long week and I'm in need of rest!

It's wonderful to have Mark back from his business trip. He was away for nearly two weeks in Buenos Aires, for work. The return trip took 11 hours on two planes, and he has to be in the office tomorrow. Fortunately the weather was sunny and wonderful, since it's late summer in South America.

Mark found Buenos Aires cosmopolitan and the people friendly, but in the end, he was a little homesick. Meat plays a big part in the Argentine diet, which we're trying to eat less of, and there isn't a whole lot of variety to the food.

There were also two strikes going on: one with the farmers, affecting all the restaurants, and one with the major Argentine airline, which canceled his initial flight home.

The cat and I are just happy that he's back. Hooray.

Happy Monday, everyone!

12 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime beaucoup cette vue de Red Hook. c'est un des endroits de Brooklyn ou il y a une des plus belles vues, mais je trouve que c'est pas trop facile pour y aller.

I love this view of Red Hook. It is one of the places in Brooklyn ago or one of the most beautiful views, but I think that is not too easy to get there

Kris McCracken said...

I like my veggies, don't get me wrong, but I love my meat!

That is a pretty special sight there.

Anonymous said...

I just like a variety of good food. All food is good and we should be grateful, I guess.

I like the photo you posted today. Nice work.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio where you can see a tiny fly on a honey bee's wing.

Carolyn said...

There is something for you over at my Blog.

:)

Carolyn

Kitty said...

Hey Mike
Ah, we haven't gone the turkey route yet. That'll have to be next!
Right now we're very much into veggie Indian and Mediterranean food. The lentils and chick peas have done us well.

Hi Olivier
Yes, you pretty much need a car to get to Red Hook, although right now the entire Brooklyn waterfront is being developed. Next year it will be completely different

Welcome Kris and thank you
I look forward to visiting your blog!

Good morning Mr Lincoln
Thank you, and I hope you're feeling better today

Hi Carolyn
Thanks so much for the award! How sweet? I'll have to create an awards page for myself immediately!

Anonymous said...

I wish I made it all the way to Brooklyn, oh well, next trip it is then! :)

I tried to cut meat out of my diet (almost entirely, which was a mistake) but my stomach just could not handle it. I get hungry really easily :(

Sleep early, have a good night :)

Kitty said...

PP, from your gorgeous photos, you must be really tiny. Please continue to eat meat!

Brooklyn is a very cool area. Neighborhoody, with great shops and restaurants. The tour buses have been rolling in!

Eva said...

kitty, you should try fish! :-D

I like your picture of the day. It brings back a lot of memories.
And you got beautiful weather, I can tell. Enjoy having your man (and his car!) back. ;-)

fishwithoutbicycle said...

I had the same problem as Mark in Argentina as I am not a big meat eater. I eat fish, so dinner was okay, but I ended up eating a lot of cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches for lunch. Then of course on the day we were leaving I noticed a really nice looking veggie restaurant around the corner from our Recoleta hotel. Duh!! ;-)

Mom Knows Everything said...

YAY!!!! You're honey is home!!! i would be lost without John for 2 weeks.

Spandrel Studios said...

Hi, Kitty - Glad to hear Mark made it back safe and sound!

Kitty said...

Thanks Eva
When things are more settled, we'll have to get over to Fairway and get some fish to fry (no offense, Ms Fish). That'll be the new adventure, lol. It's healthy, which is good.

Hi Fish
Mmm...cheese and tomato sandwiches. That sounds yum.
I wish I could be a complete vegetarian but I can't bear to.

Hi Tammy
Haha, I thought I was the only one?

Thanks Spandrel!