-- --

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lower Fifth Avenue

Fifth Avenue
Photo by myself on Fifth Avenue, around 18th Street.

I'm not overly nationalistic, but I'm a sucker for a flag. They are such recognizable, graphic symbols that bring movement into a photo.

Fifth Avenue is almost always busy with shoppers, open stalls and shops.

Related posts: Confronting Reality on TV, and Time Flies.



Flags are cool, even though I'm hardly patriotic either. The American flag is so much more cool anyway - UK flag sucks!

Scarlet x

Sally said...

It looks like a 1940s movie scene. I can feel myself walking along here - one of the great avenues of the world.

Wrap yourself in love from Sydney
Sydney Daily Photo

Kitty said...

Hi Scarlet
I love the UK flag! It seems like people in the UK don't display the flag so much. I wonder why that is.

Hi Sally
Yeah, I love this area. Tons of shops that aren't insanely priced, and a wide, generous vista.

Hullo to Sydney!

Abraham Lincoln said...

Nice photo, Kitty. I like the flag too.

Daryl said...

I am a sucker for flags too and in this wonderful 'town' we call home there are ever so many to capture

Thanks for stopping by to see my NYC .. I like your take on NYC, especially your banner shot, so I'll be back


Lady Di Tn said...

Great photos on your blog. I came over from Abe's Brookville Daily Post when I saw your name, kitty. My blog is kittyjustice.blogspot.com
kitty is my alter ego. Is kitty your real name short for Katherine?
I hope you do not mind if I return but I warn y'all I do have a warped sense of humor and some folks don't understand.
Peace be with you

Paz said...

I'm a sucker for a flag, too. ;-) I like your BW shot.


Kris said...

I am a sucker for an ugly flag. Some of the Pacific nation’s clip art flags are so bad they are good.

babooshka said...

It is weird but I'm not at all nationalistic either, yet I live on a n island that is obsessed with it's falg. Every thrid house, shop, lampost seems to have the flag out.It is a very cinematic shot.

Kitty said...

Thanks Mr Lincoln!

Hi Daryl
NY is large and small enough to support many, many blogs. I love this town.
Glad to know you're out there!

Welcome Lady Di
I look forward to swinging by your blog soon (and your wacky humor!)

My name isn't Katherine or Kitty, but I use the moniker because I'm a cat owner, lol.

The world is a very, very small one in my field, and because of that, I have to sadly remain anonymous.

Thanks Paz!

Welcome Kris
I look forward to reading your blog, and I'll have to see what you mean. I am frankly flag-retarded.

Hi Babooshka
I have to wonder, if we're not patriotic, where do the patriotic folks hang out? I am curious.