-- --

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's The Unofficial End of Summer

Summer tasting sign
Photo by myself of a sandwich board outside a liquor store in Brooklyn.

--

They say Labor Day is the last unofficial day of summer.

It makes sense - Labor Day marks the beginning of the school year. Mark and I were wandering around the NYU area last week, and we ran into crowds of returning students flooding the sidewalks.

For those who celebrated Labor Day and had to get back to work, was Tuesday tough or what?!

Pour me a drink!

Related posts: Step Lively, Reflections Apres Happy Hour and Life's Seedy Underbelly

10 comments:

Olivier said...

il nous faut bien un verre pour fêter la fin de l'été ;o)

we must be a glass to celebrate the end of the summer ;o)

Mom Knows Everything said...

Where the heck did summer go?

Anonymous said...

Here Kitty, have a glass of Finlandia vodka cooled with diet Coke. Treating yourself to something good at a shaky point like the end of a fun summery season, is a welcome idea that I strongly second. We'll have to have an 'apéritif' tonight!

Anonymous said...

Classes never end, do they. This sign is a reminder of that, I guess. I wonder if this country will ever adopt some of the practices found in schools in other countries. All year except a two or three week vacation. I doubt it.

my Alien

Anonymous said...

A sign here might say where was summer this year. Good idea for the tasting. Will organise my own today.

dianasfaria.com said...

funny you should write that. I thought about having a cold Corona around dinner last night but opted out knowing I was really too tired to enjoy it.

Ken Mac said...

beautiful summer light capture

Kris McCracken said...

Hopefully it is coming this way!

Fashion Schlub said...

This Tuesday wasn't as bad as next Monday will be! At least this was a 4-day week....

Anonymous said...

Lovely capture. Very candid.