-- --

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Boston (Terrier) in New York

Rupert
Photo by myself in Brooklyn.

The long-awaited day came Saturday. Rupert, our new Boston Terrier, came home with Mark and me. It was a day full of getting acquainted, buying a leash and attempts to pee.

I'm happy to report success on all counts!

--

Yeah, yeah, this is a blog about New York, not Boston, but I can't help myself.

Rupert is eleven weeks old and a New York dog. Mark and I picked him up Saturday from his home in the Long Island suburbs.

During an afternoon walk, perfect strangers ran across the street to greet us and see the puppy. So the whole thing about attracting attention with a wee, cute animal is completely true.

There has been some nervous sniffing between Rupert and our cat, Dida. So far, both sides have been politely curious.

I'll post photos of Rupert now and again as he grows up. It's just been one puppy nap after another.

Being Pet

blurrrrrrr

Related posts: Our Four-Legged Friends, Keeping Your Dogs in a Row, What the World Needs Right Now and Dog Days of Summer.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bienvenu Rupert! He looks very adorable. And I loove his name. Your kitty cat seems like a persona too, and with gorgeous hair. Animals can really add a lot of happiness into your life, huh.

valeria said...

Kitty, Rupert is so adorable! We have a big dog with us, he was our "first child", really, loved him so much!

Anonymous said...

He looks stunning to me and looks like he is asking himself what he got into?

Fashion Schlub said...

oh! oh! such a serious little man face! and I can just smell that wonderful warm puppy smell! congratulations on your new arrival - I wish you all much happiness :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh he is gorgeous. I'd definitely run across the street to make a fuss of him.

You have just made me very broody for a puppy.

I was going to ask about Dida a few weeks ago but was worried to do so incase Dida had passed away. I'm glad Dida is still going strong.

Kizz said...

He's a sweetie! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little face he has! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's adorable. Glad he and Dida are getting along so well.

:)

Belgrade Daily Photo said...

Such a sweet, soft photo!

Hope said...

He is precious! Thanks for sharing the new addition to your family!

Eva said...

Aww, isn't he cute!

Enjoy your time with him as he's still a puppy. My dog is 5 years old but I sometimes find myself missing the puppy days. They are so curious and charming at that age one tend to forgive them everything.

I'm a dog lover, can you tell?? *LOL*

dianasfaria.com said...

Oh MY Gosh! What an adorable face!I am glad to hear about Dida as well.
Our cat Sylvia & our Yorkie Priscilla did a lot of nervous sniffing at first too. Mostly Sylvia kept away from the puppy. Now, (3 years later) Priscilla barks when she knows the cat wants to be let in. After Sylvia has a little kibble she steps aside letting Priscilla eat what is left. They definitely work as a team. Once in a while Sylvia takes a few swipes at Priss but they are playful ones as I have seen Sylvia get pretty rough with other cats & dogs. I never keep them in the same room when we leave the house though. I have heard horror stories about what Yorkies have been known to do to cats after peacefully co-existing for years.
Rupert is a lovely name & I will look forward to hearing more NY/Boston stories!

tr3nta said...

Beautiful pup...

befree photography said...

Ohhh hes beautiful....
would it be possible to tell me what breeder you got him from as I am here on Long Island and am looking for a BT breeder especially a Red Puppy....

thank you!

Andrea said...

What a cutie !!! :-)