-- --

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Still Life, Antique Store

Antiques, Brooklyn
Photo by myself in an antique store in Brooklyn.

One of my favorite furniture stores is called The Golden Calf, in Williamsburg.

A small place, it's always packed with interesting finds, from curio cabinets to milking stools to hand-dipped candles. It's a homey place to while away some time, browsing.

--

Edit: I'm sorry to say the Golden Calf is no longer around.

Related posts: The Markets in Union Square, Browsing Around in the Village and Shopping on St. Mark's Place.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

avec toi, on a une promenade dans un NYC insolite. J'adore, le fond fait presque penser à un délire de warhol.

with you, it was a walk in NYC unusual. I love, the bottom is almost like a delirium of warhol.

Anonymous said...

Those bar stools are neat. I don't think I have ever seen any like it.

Brookville Daily Photo

A said...

love the colors and the "sections" of the photo!

Virginia said...

The bright graphics behind the stools is just great Kitty. I like this photo a lot. Would love to poke around in this store.
V

valeria said...

Beautiful colors! There must be a lovely atmosphere/mood in there!

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Beautiful picture! And it looks like my kind of shop. We have a vintage metal sign that says Bel-Aire Motel in white block letters on faded blue. It's far too heavy to hang without an advanced engineering degree, so we have it leaning against a wall. I think I like it better that way anyway.

• Eliane • said...

I love this!! I am noting the address for my next trip to Williamsburg. :)

Andrea said...

I love those stools, I happily have them in my home ..