-- --

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hailing in the Rain, Midtown

Hailing in the rain, Midtown
Photo by myself in Midtown, around Madison Avenue and 40th Street.

It's been raining and very chilly here recently. Best to bundle up to avoid catching a cold.

--

The other night, when I finally met up with my cousin who was visiting, we jumped into a cab to get to Brooklyn. It was cold and raining a little.

'Park Slope. Take the Manhattan Bridge.'

As we headed downtown, traffic was hideous. Crowding toward one of the stop lights, our cab grazed the side of another cab. No one was hurt, the side view mirrors and door handles were intact, but there was a definite and terrible scraping sound.

Can I say the other driver was pissed?

We were then hunted down for the next several stop lights. At one point, the offended driver pulled up alongside, rolled down his window and launched into a rant in Russian.

I turned to my cousin. 'Welcome to New York!' Cliche, I know, but I couldn't help myself.

Related posts: Fixing Flats in the Streets, Stuck on 8th Ave. and Playing in the Rain, Union Square.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Very nice photograph.

Vanilla Press said...

Love this pic. Keep warm!

Jas

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Nice photo. Good story!

NYC Rhymology said...

Very nice photo, rhymed here: Q Train/Suits in the Rain

Anonymous said...

Love this!!

Christina
Blackberry Sherbet
x