-- --

Saturday, October 10, 2009

On View at Open House NY

Marquis, Park Slope Brooklyn
Photo by myself, in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Outside a movie theatre, a marquis and illuminated movie posters advertised current films. I like the clash of neon and incandescent lighting.

--

It's that time again. Open House New York is taking place this weekend. All over the five boroughs, various walking tours and open houses are taking place, and all for free (!).

I completely forgot about OHNY this year. Many of the venues are already fully booked, but some still have tickets available.

This year's events include tours of the oldest subway tunnel (below downtown Brooklyn), the Chrysler Building, the Apollo Theatre, and many other museums and gardens. There are even tours of several architects' offices.

If you're curious about the Open House New York events, click here.

Related posts: From the Great White Way, Night View, the Village and Open 24/7, Brooklyn.

4 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

I love the colorful image. Thanks for the info on OHNY.

ChickenUnderwear said...

Next year I am gonna block out the entire weekend for OHNY.

elsie said...

NYC has the BEST events - makes my neck of the woods seem absolutely primeval!!

Fredrik said...

Interesting. I only recognize Fame among the movies.