-- --

Friday, February 26, 2010

At a Crossroads, in Times Square

In Times Square
Photo by myself at Times Square, at Seventh Avenue and 42nd Street.

Like any well-photographed place, it's striking to find yourself in Times Square for the first time. All of a sudden, all the images you've seen of the place come to life.

It's been chilly here still, and we're experiencing yet another snowstorm. By Friday morning we may have a foot of snow on the ground. The snow is expected to continue until Saturday.

On Times Square and Our Rupert, Time for Valentine's and Life in the Balance.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

beau b&w de times square, j'aime bien la composition

Pat said...

Very good and effective in bw. I must admit that even though I've been to NYC several times, I still most often walk there looking up!

Washington said...

Hi Kitty. Nice shot. Can't wait to do my own pictures of this place!
Do you use flash or prefer to work with ISO and speed?

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Good luck with the weather, Kitty. It sounds like you guys are really getting hammered.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. I would think you would point the camera up?

valeria said...

Times Square sound so mythical to me!

veterankindergartenteacher said...

I have never been to New York but you certainly gave me a taste of what it is like. Nice blog!!!!

khUthU said...

Pretty soul sparkler, chins up
across the avenues, swiftly
across the high-rises
to the sky, to the sky
like a fireworks
she flick and go by.

p/s:
hey.. its Times Square :)