-- --

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beautiful People, the East Village

Brunching in the East Village
Photo by myself around St. Mark's Place and 1st Avenue, in the East Village.

For some reason, all the customers brunching outdoors this weekend were young, fashionable and female.

Brunch is a meal dear to the heart. As usual, New Yorkers are over the top with their menus. All the mimosas you can drink? Gigantic omelet with a side of home fries? Cheesy grits? Why, of course.

Above, at Cafe Mogador on St. Mark's Place, brunch is served between 9am and 4pm, Saturdays and Sundays. That's some window of time.

Mogador serves up various concoctions of organic poached eggs, with fresh orange juice, along with cappucino or tea. There is always, always a line of people waiting on the sidewalk. Often, customers resemble movie stars.

Time Out New York devotes a whole section to brunching in New York. Their lists include 'Outdoor Brunch Spots', 'Best Rooftop Brunches' and 'Best Brunch Deals'.

In NY-ese, 'brunch' means 'wake-up-late-because-you-spent-last-night-drinking-much-too-much'.

Related posts: Brunching on St. Mark's Place, Sharing a Moment and Summering in the City.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Yum. You've sold this place to me. Now I also have that Beatle tune in my head: "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people...?"

Robert said...

Awesome pic! Haha, Young and Attractive :) Beautiful day, Beautiful girl, Beautiful place! What else can u ask for...

Frank de Jol said...

Cool catch !

dianasfaria.com said...

& they certainly do look beautiful!
I went out for brunch last Sunday but I swear I did not imbibe the night before.

Anonymous said...

I may be able to squat like that but i would have to roll over on my side to stand back up.

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Ahhhhhh ... a sunny day in New York. What could be more exciting?

Fashion Schlub said...

I love the concept of brunch...though I never get to go out for it.

I NEED SOME FRIENDS IN BROOKLYN! ha, yes, kitty, I'm using your forum to make this plea :-)

WHO WANTS TO DO SOMETHING WITH ME?? Ha. There's so much going on all around me and I'm missing it!

bettye. half joking. half not :-)

Ken said...

Wonderful Spring time image!