-- --

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Leg Lunges, Midtown 9:25 am

Leg lunges, NYC
Photo by myself, somewhere in Midtown.

I took this photo Wednesday morning from a cab, on the way to a job site. I was somewhere around 27th Street, (I think?) trying to make it crosstown for a meeting.

A woman was doing leg lunges down the sidewalk. A man was walking his little dog. Daily life in Manhattan. Pretty ordinary. You can see my taxi in the reflection of the building.

The cab driver turned around and asked what country I was from.

'Brooklyn,' I said, and not being sarcastic. We really are a land of our own!

Leg Lunges, NYC

Related posts: Playing Ball in the Public Courts, Running Along the Brooklyn Bridge and Playing Ball, in Red Hook Brooklyn.

16 comments:

Olivier said...

VIVE le brooklyn Libre ;o))

Robert said...

Awesome, now words needed for that.

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Wonderful shot! All are on the move.

Frank de Jol said...

Excellent shot !

Unknown said...

That is such a great photo. I was about to comment on the girl's pose, when I read she was doing leg lunges. Very, very good, especially so in bw.

Unknown said...

That's me, Bibi, on the last comment. Using a different login!

My WV is duckfunc. How funny is that? Sounds like a dance.

rb said...

I think I would have pretended to be from somewhere exotic and weird and spoken in a silly accent for the rest of the cab trip.

I often watch other people warm up for their run or do exercises mid-run in the street. I could NEVER do that. I'd feel such a twit. And yet I don't think they look twits. But I couldn't - I'd think everyone was looking at me and every cab that went by I'd be paranoid that someone was taking a photo!!

Ken said...

Purrrfect, kitty. Love it!

Washington said...

Hi Kitty! Wonderful pictures! Funny post! The first picture is great, I love the contrast among the lunging girl and the calm dog walker.

elsie said...

I'm with rb she LOOKS fabulous and completely unencumbered by potential onlookers (or "pesky" photogs) as she leg lunges down the street - I would be totally mortified and self conscious!

dianasfaria.com said...

your photos always remind me why I love NY so much!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

An "ordinary" day in New York is anything but ... even those everyday scenes that New Yorkers see everyday seem just extraordinary, somehow, to those of us that don't live in NY but absolutely love it.

Newyorka said...

Pretty ordinary but ther is smtg greatly intriguing in it.:)

Newyorka said...

Sandy, Ooh La Frou Frou said...
...
somehow, to those of us that don't live in NY but absolutely love it.


I agree !

T. Becque said...

I like the leg lunger on one end and the dog walker at the other. And I like b&w!

EricJL said...

Great shot, especially being in a moving vehicle in the morning