-- --

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Chinatown and a Rupert Update

Snow, in Chinatown NYC
Photo by myself, somewhere in Chinatown.

Another photo from the stash. The sidewalks in Chinatown are typically crowded with passersby and vendors.

This photo was taken a couple months ago. There is much less snow on the ground now, though a light blanket came down Monday morning.

When there is a lot of snow, there is nowhere to put it. As you can see, crossing the street can be difficult.

--

This past Monday was a federal holiday in the US.

President's Day is observed on the third Monday of February; George Washington's birthday was on February 22nd. Kids have a day off from school and most offices are closed.

Finally, I just have to share a recent photo of Rupert. This is what I have to confront daily:

Fishing for treats
The 'Don't Mess with Me, I'm Emotionally Fragile' face.

Above, when I ask the simple question: "Want one?" this dog becomes wickedly serious.

Yes, indeed, he wants one. You bet he wants one.

Rupert has an excellent trick of pirouetting for treats, that is, spinning round and round while standing on his hind legs. Mark hasn't created a video in a long time. There must be another installment soon!

Related posts: From Under the Banner, in Chinatown, Getting the Goods on Canal Street and Selling Grapes on Canal Street.

9 comments:

Beatrice B. said...

I remember all the snow from the blizzard in December last year... it was crazy with all the snow and the mud later the week when it got warmer... I was jealous of everyone in gumboots.
www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

vivi said...

nice post.. thanks for your info

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty! The little girls in a red coat looks great!
Rupert is cute as usual!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and just wanted to say I love your photos!

Cesc Sales said...

Chinatown is the best place to get lost!

Natalie said...

He is just gorgeous! I bet he is hard to leave in the mornings!

dianasfaria.com said...

Oh Rupert!!! what an adorable face... how can you not give him everything he wants?
Did I tell you the city has snow melting machines? I saw them on the news during our last big storm.

Ken Mac said...

i want it and I want it now mom!

Ice Queen said...

Rupert really knows how to give the L@@K and the sad face really adds to it.