-- --

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crossing Broadway, on Wheels

On Wheels, NYC
Photo by myself around 8th Street and Broadway, in the Village.

Some folks live on the edge.

Skateboarders and cyclists sharing the city streets with cabs, cars and buses. This fellow crossed busy Broadway this weekend, without a care.

As someone who rides around in a car or cab regularly in the city, I find skateboarding to be very dangerous. Even crossing at the middle of a street is dangerous, because drivers might not see you.

There are a lot of distractions for drivers. It's a wonder there aren't more accidents!

Related posts: On Wheels, in the Financial District, It's a Kid's Life, in Brooklyn and Portrait of a Skateboard Artist, on Prince Street.

9 comments:

Pierre said...

Love your skateboarder in the street. Playing with cars and his life.

A fun way of living.

Have a nice day

Joanne said...

Love this shot and the colours:)

Beatrice B. said...

he has such a fascinating glance...

www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

Peter said...

cool subject in action

Cesc Sales said...

Always I have liked the people who moves in skateboard. The sensation performs total freedom. I am charmed with the photo.

Ken Mac said...

classy!

dianasfaria.com said...

although I love your photograph & I admire this man's free spirit. I have to say my greatest pet peeve in life is pedestrians stepping out into traffic! & lately it seems as if every person on Long Island thinks they have the right of way to do so. It's scary.

Laura Cousins said...

Maybe as the oil situation worsens, people with bikes, boards and skates (not to mention the free-runners; OMG have you SEEN those kids??) will have the upper hand ..

Andrea said...

I love this photo, you captured that moment perfectly!