-- --

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Prayer, Underground

Praying, 34th Street
Photo by myself on the 34th Street subway platform.

A man knelt in prayer in a tight spot on the subway platform at 34th Street.

The sign at the man's feet reads 'Please keep your money & food. God Bless You.'

Piled high on top of the man's belongings are a crucifix and a figurine.


I apologize for how shocking this image is. I must say though that I was truly moved by this sight.

Related posts: Worthy Causes, Baby, It's Cold Outside and Seasons Greetings, from the MTA.


Olivier said...

je me demande si je l'ai pas pris en photo la derniere fois. La solitude dans NYC

Ken Mac said...


Kitty said...

Hi Olivier
I am curious about whether you saw this man before. I don't think I've seen him.

I agree. It's such a strange thing, you can be surrounded by people but alone at the same time.

Hi Ken,

Yes. That is the best word for this moment.