-- --

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back Home to the Brooklyn Bridge and a Boston Terrier

Brooklyn Bridge
Photo by myself from Brooklyn Bridge Beach.

A view across the East River from the edge of Brooklyn.

This image above was taken last summer. Right now, the Brooklyn Bridge is undergoing some repair. A large portion in the middle is swathed in white fabric, sort of like a Christo installation.

--

My homecoming to our dog, Rupert was the absolute best. He was so happy to meet me after being away just a few days.

Rupert looks slightly thinner. He usually stops eating when away from home, out of stress. My fiance Mark is staying in LA for the rest of the week on business.

The reunion though was more about Rupert and his rubber ball than about me. Which is okay. I know my place ;-)

Hot but happy
Rupert takes a break from playing, Tuesday night, his tongue a blur. It's humid!

Related posts: Red Skiff, in the East River, The View from Roosevelt Island and The City in Silhouette.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

beau portrait de Rupper, il est mignon

biebkriebels said...

He is a cute boy, it is always difficult hollidays and dogs or cats...

Nori Katayama said...

Hi Rupert!
You look handsome... :)

RedPat said...

There is nothing like a homecoming greeting from a dog - they hold nothing back!

dianasfaria.com said...

welcome home Kitty! (& Rupert!)
awww...I can tell Rupert is VERY happy.

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone! I will have to tell Rupert about your comments, ha.

Thanks Olivier!!

Hi Bieb
Yes, it is SO tough to leave animals for a vacation. I wish there were a way to communicate with them and let them know everything is ok.

Thanks Nori!!

Ha, Redpat. Yeah, dogs are very different than cats, though I love them both. Dogs don't seem to get as embarrassed by affection, I think. ;-)

Thanks Lily!
Yeah he was goofy and tired by the time I had the camera out, poor thing. About two seconds later the flopped over on the floor.

Joanne said...

Hello Rupert!:))

sonia a. mascaro said...

Ruppert looks adorable!
I agree with RedPat, "there is nothing like a homecoming greeting from a dog"!