-- --

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Greetings from Above, in Midtown

Hello, New York
Photo by myself around 42nd Street and Sixth Avenue.

I got a nice wave from some visitors while walking around, the other day.

Double decker open air tour buses are a familiar sight here. They are also known to visit Brooklyn and Harlem.

Viewing the streets from high up allows you to see more of a neighborhood, but it's no substitute for walking around on the sidewalks.

Related posts: Tourists' Eye View, Fifth Avenue, Working It and Kicking Back on Firm Ground.

6 comments:

Nori Katayama said...

i envy them. fine view of skyscrapers around them!
but do they use umbrellas on their tours in the rain?

S.Nick said...

As far as I know they wear olicoat if it's rain)

lewi14@gmail.com said...

I like your personal portraits very much, Kitty. And I'm astonished about the openness of the people.

Pinecone Stew said...

SUPER photographs !

Have a great weekend.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty! It is not a substitute but it is a great complement. We had a great time up there.
I hope you, Mark and Rupert are doing fine!

chickenunderwear said...

@SN

What is an "olicoat"?