-- --

Monday, July 25, 2011

Pork is the Answer, on the Lower East Side

Pork is the Answer
Photo by myself on Orchard and Houston Streets, on the Lower East Side.

The sandwich board style sign has a picture of a pig turning into bacon. The text reads: 'Sun Fried? Pork is the Answer!'

The sign was outside Georgia's East Side BBQ, a restaurant on the Lower East Side. I've never eaten there, but the reviews are generally very good.

Their lip-smacking menu includes goodies like baby back pork ribs, pulled pork, fried catfish and burgers that weigh half a pound. Yeesh.

For New York Magazine's review of Georgia's East Side BBQ, click here.
For their website, click here.

Related posts: Signs of Hope, Absolutely No World Cup, in Park Slope, Brooklyn and Last Call, Park Slope, and 10 Things to do in New York.

10 comments:

Olivier said...

fun ;o) une bonne publicite ;))

Beatrice B. said...

that's awesome!!! In Kreuzberg, Berlin, I saw "angry chicken" the other day... Love these ads!!!

www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

Tiago said...

LOL, very funny!

Leif Hagen said...

I wonder who the chalk artist is? A waiter or waitress? Sounds like a yummy lunch menu!

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty!
Nice ad!
I've heard this summer in US is even worse that last year's. How are you handling that?
Hope you are fine.

Ken Mac said...

yes it is!!!

dianasfaria.com said...

haha! how cute.

& I love the smiley faces you captured in your pics of the High Line. everyone looks so happy to be able to cool their feet.

Ola said...

:) you made me smile

Lou said...

Is New York part of the bad heatwave that's in the US at the moment? I heard about it on the news but I didn't realise it was NY!

I don't quite see how pork is the answer (i would have thought a salad would do nicely!) but it's inventive. I'll give the owner that. :)

writing my thesis said...

LOL)) this cute porky makes me laugh)) funny pic