-- --

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Cuppa Joe to Go, in Midtown

Crowd, Midtown
Photo by myself around 42nd Street and Sixth Avenue, in Midtown.

A photo taken from a cab, Wednesday afternoon.

You can see a Starbucks sign in the background. I tried to figure out how many Starbucks locations there are in Manhattan, by doing a search on the Starbucks website.

There are well over 50 locations in the city. (Unfortunately, the site only allows up to 50 listings per search). Anyway, if you're ever going to meet someone 'at Starbucks', be specific in terms of the coordinates!

I made this mistake a while back when planning to meet my cousin at a Starbucks on the Upper West Side. At the time, there are two that were located virtually around the corner from each other.

There is absolutely no reason not to be caffeinated at all times.

--

The crazy thing is, I wrote the top part of this post before looking at today's Times. By coincidence, is an article there about...Starbucks in New York (!!)

There are 186 Starbucks in Manhattan. There are more Starbucks locations than subway stations. Mark swears there must have been more at some point. #187 is due to open this Friday.

Yes, there is a Zeitgeist.

Check out the Starbucks article, here.

Related posts: Street Corner, in Midtown, Sharing the Sidewalk, 42nd Street and Across the Crowded Sidewalk, in Midtown.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

je me rappelle mon premier voyage, il y avait encore que peux de Starbuck et deux ans après, j'ai eut l'impression d'une invasion ;o))

Marcia said...

The only legal addiction ever. While Starbucks is great my favorite coffee places are the small mom and pop, so to speak, places, my favorite in NYC is Joe the art of coffee. They have the friendliest people working there and the best coffee.

But the best by far is the one and only Biggby's here in Michigan and part of the Midwest.

Nori Katayama said...

we only have two in the city!

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty! That's huge. There is no Starkucks at the city I live (but many with very good coffee) . In Brazil, there are 30.
When we were in NYC, we tried a Starbucks at 5th avenue, but we preferred the coffee shop just across our hotel at 44th st.

Ken Mac said...

lots of hands movements

Leif Hagen said...

Let's meet at Starbucks for a mocha, scone and CDP blog chit chat unless you prefer cappuccinos and biscotti! Now which Starbucks do you recommend, Kitty?

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone!

Hi Olivier,
ha, invasion is correct. And they are armed with chai lattes.

Hi Marcia,
I haven't been to Joe and will check it out.
I'm with you. I rarely go to Starbucks and prefer the smaller places.

Hi Nori
I'm surprised! But then canned coffee is popular in Japan, so it must be difficult to compete.

Hi Washington!
The starbucks brew is a little strong for me. I'm not surprised you liked the one near your hotel - it's nice to feel like a part of the neighborhood when you're staying here for a while.

Ha Ken. Good catch.

Hi Leif,
Sounds like a plan! I don't have a favorite one. I prefer the coffee at my office believe it or not. Mark also makes a killer brew ;-)