-- --

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Esposito & Sons, in Hell's Kitchen

Esposito & Sons, NYC
Photo by myself at 38th Street and Ninth Avenue, in Hell's Kitchen.

Esposito's & Sons is an old-fashioned meat market in Hell's Kitchen. They've been around since 1933.

Esposito's supposedly sells 10,000 lbs of sausage every week to nearby restaurants. I haven't shopped here, but the online reviews are terrific.

For Esposito's online store, click here.


The few blocks south of the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42nd Street is still a little sketchy. The people hanging out on the street corners look like they are up to no good. I wouldn't say that it's unsafe, but I would not attempt to take candids there, for fear of offending people.

Related posts: Meat Market, Ninth Avenue, Outside O. Ottomanelli's Market, in the Village, and Food on the Brain.


Lily Hydrangea said...

pig toes?...yikes!

Shut My Mouth said...

Again, was in that same spot this weekend. It seemed a little sketchy, but I was my touristy fears. I feel better now. :-)