-- --

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Esposito & Sons, in Hell's Kitchen

Esposito & Sons, NYC
Photo by myself at 38th Street and Ninth Avenue, in Hell's Kitchen.

Esposito's & Sons is an old-fashioned meat market in Hell's Kitchen. They've been around since 1933.

Esposito's supposedly sells 10,000 lbs of sausage every week to nearby restaurants. I haven't shopped here, but the online reviews are terrific.

For Esposito's online store, click here.

--

The few blocks south of the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42nd Street is still a little sketchy. The people hanging out on the street corners look like they are up to no good. I wouldn't say that it's unsafe, but I would not attempt to take candids there, for fear of offending people.

Related posts: Meat Market, Ninth Avenue, Outside O. Ottomanelli's Market, in the Village, and Food on the Brain.

2 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

pig toes?...yikes!

K10 said...

Again, was in that same spot this weekend. It seemed a little sketchy, but I was my touristy fears. I feel better now. :-)