-- --

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lit Up, on Sixth Avenue

Sixth Avenue, NYC
Photo by myself on Sixth Avenue, in Midtown.

In the winter, I've noticed that the sun is often right on top of your head around lunchtime. Everyone is usually wonderfully lit, walking down the street as if wearing halos.

Though it's mid-February, Tuesday's weather was rather nice.

--

For dog lovers, the Westminster Dog Show took place this weekend at Madison Square Garden.

The event was broadcast on television. Mark and I watched the hound group, a vast array of different sized dogs ranging from the shuffling basset hound to the spindly afghan. (The wire-haired dachshund won the group).

The Times published a gorgeous black and white photo photo series from behind the scenes. Click here to see it.

Related posts: We the People, Sharing the Sidewalk, 42nd Street, and Across the Crowded Sidewalk, in Midtown.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

beau diaporama du "New York Times"

dianasfaria.com said...

Ooh, & I see you have captured this light beautifully!

& did you see who won best in show??? !!!
I just posted about it on my blog - I have no idea how the judge can pick just one!

Attorney said...

Always wonder if these people will find their picture on the Internet someday and freak out - do you usually ask people if you can photograph them? Or do you just go for it?
- New York Lawyer

RedPat said...

Cool shot. Thanks for the link to the dog show!

Kitty said...

Thanks Olivier!

Lily!!!!
I was wondering about you. I'm glad you're ok.

We didn't make it all the way to the end of the competition. I feel the same, I can't understand how one could choose among all the beautiful contestants.

Hi Attorney
Only a couple folks have contacted me for the candid shots, and both were very nice about it, more tickled that they were photographed than anything.

Btw it is not against the law to photograph people in public spaces in the US. One can't take photos of people for publication for a book or for an ad.

Thanks RedPat, glad you enjoyed it!