-- --

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Greetings, from Beijing China

Beijing, side street Photo by myself, in Beijing, China.

A woman rode a bike down a narrow side street in Beijing.

Behind her are tall, modern apartment towers. The contrast of old and new are striking here, depending on what part of the city you're in.

This part of Beijing has dozens of modern office and apartment buildings. Many of the stores are westernized and very expensive. Meanwhile, only a small street or two harken back to previous times.
  Beijing towers A view from the 28th floor in Beijing. All the buildings in this area look to have been constructed at the same time.

Beijing towers Some of the office towers have only been built within the last year. There are many still under construction

--
Apologies for the late post!!

All my plans to post via email were quickly dashed. Not only is blogger banned, one cannot even email a post to blogger, so my fiance Mark is taking precious time out of his busy day to post for me.

Posts will continue here, with some pre-scheduled posts of New York City.

6 comments:

Kizz said...

That's what I had to do while I was there, too. Fortunately I'd talked to a fellow blogger about me emailing posts to her. We found a way to get around the firewall at some point but it was still so slow it made more sense to email her.

Looking forward to more of your photos! Have fun!

Olivier said...

c'est magnifique, de superbe paysage

Luis Gomez said...

These are great! Thank you Kitty. Thanks Mark.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Wow! Another great trip Kitty! I hope you enjoy every moment.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great photos, Kitty!
Sounds you have been having a great time. Enjoy!

biebkriebels said...

Great you found a way to post anyway. I like the picture of the biking lady, this looks at least a bit chinese. I see the high skyscrapers have reached Beijing too. The cities will look the same as in the Western world in a few decades I am afraid.