-- --

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On Custom Bikes, in the Village

Custom Bike, nyc Photo by myself at Sullivan and West 3rd Streets, in the Village.

Two fellas discussed an unusual custom bike, Tuesday afternoon. The seat is about five feet off the ground (!).

The fellow wearing the shades had custom made the frame. His buddy was asking about how to get onto the bike. Apparently the bike's owner hasn't had an accident (yet). 'I count on other people to avoid me', he confessed.

And if about to crash? 'I grab onto the nearest trash can.' Aha.
  Custom Bike, nyc Yes, the bike works!

Custom Bike, nyc The friend tried but failed to get on the bike. Alas, too high a climb!

Related posts: Summer Streets, on Park Avenue South, Enjoying a Ride, in Central Park, and Pedaling Around Midtown.

9 comments:

s.c said...

Great shooting and you know what. Last year I saw somebody on a similar kind of contraption cycling in amsterdam.

Andy said...

That's a an amazing bike.

biebkriebels said...

It is more something to use in a circus act! I wouldn't dare to get a ride on it.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Awesome (yet dangerous) bike! I wouldn'd dare to ride it!

Ruth Hope said...

that's a very cool way to travel!

liisamarja said...

not for me, i'm scared of heights!

but a cool bike...

This is Belgium said...

fun !! only in new york..?

Ken Mac said...

right in front of my local!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Seriously!! I find it hard enough to balance on a normal bike haha!