-- --

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

On NYC Slogans and a Rupert Update

NYC *heart* me Photo by myself in Midtown.

My eye was drawn to a fellow's T-shirt, Monday evening.

A spin off the well known 'I *heart* NY', this T-shirt read 'NYC *hearts* me'. He told me he got the shirt from a store on Canal Street, and gave me a big smile. He was asking passersby for change.

--
Below, a photo from this weekend in Prospect Park, after the tornado. Large puddles were left all over the ball fields.

Our dog Rupert lounged lazily in one, doing his best hippo impersonation. He also looks like he's missing his legs.

Boston terriers don't usually like water too much, since they don't have fur to help them float. For whatever reason, Rupert loves the water.

Note the token trash elements in the water. New York is not without its trash.

Hippo Dog

Related posts: On T-Shirt Slogans and the New Yorker Festival, I Heart NY, in Midtown, and Art for the Masses.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime bien la comparaison rupert/hippopotame ;)))

s.c said...

Nice ones, Kitty

biebkriebels said...

LOL Rupert, he looks like a hippototamus in the water ha,ha.

RedPat said...

A great Rupert portrait!

Banjo52 said...

Didn't know NY ever had tornadoes! Quite a mess, but clearly Rupert loves it. Isn't there an expression . . . something about a pig being happy . . . ?

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Hahaha Kitty Rupert is so cute (happy as a pig in mud) I bet he got bath when you got home?!
The man's Tshirt is cute but I was immediately drawn to his smooth perfect-looking skin.