-- --

Sunday, September 11, 2011

On T-Shirt Slogans and the New Yorker Festival

I heart Bronx
Photo by myself around Lexington and 28th Street.

I saw the above New Yorker on the street and hailed him down. He was so nice to allow me to take his photo.

Just after posting that New Yorkers don't wear New York items, I stand corrected. There are exceptions. Some of us have a sense of humor!

--

By the way, the schedule for this year's New Yorker Festival has been announced. Friday, September 30th to Sunday October 2nd, some 50 talks and lectures are scheduled to take place.

Each year, the New Yorker Magazine hosts the event, with various writers, thinkers and notables. Many celebrities are taking part this year, including Paul Giamatti, Steve Martin, Owen Wilson and Frank Gehry.

In the past, Mark and I have seen a few Festival talks. We've heard Steve Martin, Chuck Close, David Byrne and Trey Parker and Matt Stone (the creators of South Park), among others.

For the New Yorker Festival website, where you can buy tickets, click here.

Related posts: I Heart NY, in Midtown, T Shirts with New York Attitude, in Chelsea and Art for the Masses.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Love this Tshirt!

Stefan Jansson said...

I am yet to visit Le Bronx, nice portrait.