-- --

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Dollar and a Dream

Park Slope, Brooklyn
Photo by myself in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Certain areas of Brooklyn are grittier than others. Some neighborhoods have pockets of graffiti and 99 cent stores. But there are also streets lined with historic townhouses built of brick or brownstone.

As you can see, Lotto figures highly here in the city. The image above shows three signs advertising Lotto. For many people, the sweepstakes is a shot at success.

--

I hope everyone in the States is voting today.

Mark and I are going to the polling booths before work. Then we'll come home to watch the results with fingers and toes crossed.

Winning the sweepstakes is something completely out of one's control, but we all have the opportunity to contribute to history. Voting is a right as well as a responsibility. Please vote.

Related posts: Art For the Masses, Smile, It's Happy Hour and On the Sidewalk, Chinatown.

9 comments:

Belgrade Daily Photo said...

I love the more gritty parts of cities.

Jilly said...

Loto is everywhere but I do so love your photograph in black and white.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hope you didn't have to queue too long to vote today Kitty. When I left at 7am the line for the station nearest my apartment was 3/4 of the way around the block!!

valeria said...

I like this photo, Kitty, it's so real, crude. Brava!

dianasfaria.com said...

I really like these typical new yorker type photos you share with us Kitty.
& yes I voted!

Anonymous said...

This looks like an ordinary street but then I am not educated on streets in large cities.

Anonymous said...

Kitty
I like the very little dog with its coat.

Anonymous said...

This election just felt so significant, like we're on the brink of something big.

Ming the Merciless said...

Happy Election Day.

Sorry for not visiting. It's been crazy at work.