-- --

Sunday, November 8, 2009

An Oasis on Park Avenue

1185 Park Avenue, NYC
Photo by myself, around 94th Street and Park Avenue.

The courtyard of 1185 Park Avenue, within this huge apartment building, the size of a city block. Cars can enter and turn around, once allowed through the gates by the doormen.

The 160+ co-op apartments are extremely pricey. This year, two bedroom apartments have been listed for about $3 million, while four bedroom apartments have listed for about $7 million dollars. Whew!

Related posts: Details, Details, The Royalton, Renovated and Building for a Greener Environment.

5 comments:

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty!
Such a beautiful picture! The trees seem to be opressed by the walls (sometimes I can see myself just like the trees)!!
Washington

Jepi said...

I like following your blog, photos...

This picture has an interesting composition; The light, and something unsaid. I like that you mentioned the vigilant doormen.

Spandrel Studios said...

Arriving home and stepping through that archway every day would make you feel like you're entering another world... We can only dream!

dianasfaria.com said...

this looks like a beautiful place to live! I'll take the 4 bedroom please.

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone!
Yes, I wouldn't mind living here either. The floorplans I've seen show very large apartments, so a 2-bedroom is very spacious and a 4-bedroom is like having a home.

Having a doorman would also be a dream - you wouldn't have to worry about a break-in and you'd get all your packages and deliveries. What a life!