-- --

Thursday, November 18, 2010

And the Crowd Roared, in Bryant Park

High Five
Photo by myself in Bryant Park.

Yes, the outdoor skating rink is already set up in Bryant Park. It's pretty neat to skate in the midst of tall buildings.

A crowd of school children gathered around the perimeter. Strangers skated by, high-fiving the kids, eliciting cheers.

With daytime temps at times in the 50s, I wonder how this is possible. This ice rink is temporary. Below it is a large grassy lawn that is very popular in the summer months.

Related posts: How's About a Game?, On the Ice, in Midtown and Serious Fun, in Bryant Park.

9 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime bien ce moment à Bryant Park, avec la patinoire.

Joanne said...

Christmas back again.....

khUthU said...

:) lovely.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Wow! I love that park! One day we'll have to visit NYC once again during the winter (or fall) to see that!

Leif Hagen said...

Ice skating fun and happy kids! I skated once on the Rockefeller Center ice during a business trip a couple of years ago! I challenge you to get a photo while on your ice skates at R.C., Kitty!

Pierre said...

ForMe it s a typical photo of american christhmas.

Banjo52 said...

I think this has also begun at Campus Martius in Detroit. I'm sure New York is just imitating Detroit . . . LOL

dianasfaria.com said...

This is perfect! I Love everything about this shot Kitty.
Wouldn't it be great if this man skating, somehow came across this wonderful portrait of himself?

Kitty said...

Olivier, your park is so popular. There is always something going on.

Hi Joanne
Yes skating and NYC together spells Christmas for some reason. Never fails.

Thanks khUthU!

Hi Washington
Oh, NYC in the winter is a completely different animal than in the middle of July. I think you'd really like the decorations.

Hi Leif
Ah, me on skates would be scary for everyone. I'd have to don knee pads and helmet, lol. It would be very cool though to get a photo of RC from that point of view.

Hi Pierre
How funny that you would say that. Maybe in the country, I am thinking? On a lake?

Hi Banjo,
Hey, you never know. NY is very good at 'borrowing' good ideas.

Hi Lily
I would love it if the fellow knew about this photo. He was having such a tremendous time, coming back over and over for more shouts and fun.