-- --

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Queuing for Ice Cream, in the Cold

Ice Cream in the cold
Photo by myself at 23rd Street and Fifth Avenue, in the Flatiron District.

Sure, even in the cold weather, the Van Leeuwen Ice Cream truck has business. Their clientele was dressed head to toe in knits in the chilly Spring weather.

The Van Leeuwen truck is parked daily around 22nd Street and 6th Avenue. Here, it was a couple blocks away at 23rd and Fifth. In addition to 'artisanal' ice cream, they serve coffee, espresso and pastries.

Artisanal ice cream means no preservatives and no artificial emulsifiers. The creamy and rich ice cream is also served in containers made from recycled materials. A portion of the proceeds are also donated toward wildlife preservation.

I have yet to sample their goods, which must be delicious. For more about the Van Leeuwen company, visit their pretty website here.

Related posts: The Latest Scoop, Italian Ice, East Village and I Scream, You Scream.

4 comments:

Olivier said...

j'adore les 'Fast Food Cart' , par ce temps , un bon bretzel chaud ;)

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

I like the way the girls is dressed!

Virginia said...

HA, this reminds me of a "risqué" post I did on my Paris blog about some very exciting ice cream. I just bet you all up there are fed up with winter, huh?
V

Kitty said...

Hi Olivier
You will have to try this ice cream when you visit. May is the perfect time for such treats.

Hi Washington!
Yes my eye was drawn immediately to her stockings, which are super cool. I assume they were knit by a machine.

lol Virginia. SO nice to see you.
The winter has everyone gagging for relief. Wearing the same coat for days is no fun.