-- --

Friday, September 30, 2011

All Ablur, on Broadway

Night, Broadway
Photo by myself, around 28th Street and Broadway, in the Flatiron District.

Even on dark streets, you can find people wandering around until late.

This photo was taken Thursday night. It was nice and summery outside, perfect long-walk-after-dinner weather.

Not many businesses are open in this area at night, yet there is a sense of safety. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between 'safe' and 'unsafe', but a line definitely exists.

The same area must have been desolate and dangerous a few decades ago.

Related posts: Bright Lights, Big City, Columbus Circle, At Dusk and Under the Lights, at 54th and Fifth.

7 comments:

s.c said...

Really beautiful shot of urban live in the evening. Great atmosphere. Thanks for showing.

Nori Katayama said...

I love your nice point of view, Kitty!
Some dangerous smell in the city at night and evening...

this is Belgium said...

you captured the atmosphere in a great way..

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

One of the things I love about New York is that wherever you are, any time night or day, there seem to be people walking around.

Banjo52 said...

A golden isle . . .

Daniela said...

We love yor blog! Daniela and Daniel, from Brazil.

Leeds daily photo said...

It is not a distinct line. Same here in some cities I guess. I thought my home city was pretty safe until one evening I was out with camera and tripod and a guy out with his wife came over to say hi. We chatted for a bit he was quite a keen photographer and I mentioned feel pretty safe despite the hour. He laughed, he was a doctor in the emergency room of local hospital and said I would be surprised at the number of incidents they get to see!
Paul at Leeds in Yorkshire daily photo