-- --

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

With Pushcart, in Chelsea

Chelsea, NYC
Photo by myself, somewhere in Chelsea.

I've written before that it's not easy for the elderly to get around the city. In fact, it's a mixed bag.

Walking up and down multiple stairs to the subway or to one's apartment can be difficult, and sidewalks are often crowded and uneven. But the buses are a great alternative and they're reliable, too.

If you live in an elevator building, then daily life is much easier. You can get groceries delivered for a few bucks.

Related posts: The Jazzman, 34th Street, Old Friends, in Alphabet City and Older Birds, on Fifth Avenue.

5 comments:

LeaGallardo said...

Thanks for posting. The picture of my grandmother in NYC with her "pushcart" is burned in my brain. Now, suddenly, I'll be using one soon myself.

Olivier said...

en effet le service des bus est vraiment tres bon à NYC, et les conducteurs sont toujours pret a rendre service aux vieux clients ou aux handicapés

trump said...

I enjoy images from New York city. Richard from Lebanon county's Amish community.

John-Roy Photography said...

Nice capture and story

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great photo, Kitty. I think it's difficult to be elder in a big city...