-- --

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Crowds on Lower Broadway

Soho, NYC
Photo by myself, around Broadway and Prince Streets in Soho.

The streets in Soho were crowded this weekend with shoppers. Fortunately, too, the weather was wonderful.

'Broadway' lives up to its name, north of 59th Street on the Upper West Side. There are two lanes of traffic plus a bus lane to either side of a planted median strip.

Downtown in Soho, however, Broadway is reduced to a couple lanes of traffic. Cafes, clothing and shoe stores line both sides of the street.

I really liked the sepia tones in this photo. For some reason, everything sort of had the same color palette.

Related posts: Down Broadway, Deck Yourself Out, in Soho and Haggling for Furs on West Broadway.

4 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est l'ete indien, il semble faire tres bon, j'aime beaucoup cette periode

turulata said...

Hi!, I was in NY last August (for the second time in my life) and again I can say: I ADORE THIS CITY. I went too to Brookling ;-) and I liked that so much. Thank's for your nice blog, is an excellent way to *stay* a little in this amazing place in earth.
Kisses from Madrid!.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty! Very nice picture. I can see that it is getting cold in NYC. Hope you are ok!

RedPat said...

That's really crowded! Must have been some good shopping deals around.