-- --

Friday, October 21, 2011

Outside New York Shaving Company, on Elizabeth Street

NY Shaving Co
Photo by myself around Elizabeth and Spring Streets, in Soho.

A couple of characters took a cigarette break outside the New York Shaving Company, in Soho.

I haven't gone inside this place, but I have peered in. The space has old-fashioned cabinets and details. Men can get a shave with a straight razor or simply a haircut.

Apparently there are only two chairs in this tiny place, and customers are either shaved by 'the young guy' or 'the old guy'. Ha.

For a review on the Time Out Magazine site, click here.
For the New York Shaving Company website, click here.

Related posts: On Broadway, in Soho, Watch Where You're Going in Soho and Strung Along in Soho.


Marcia said...

Fantastic photo. My eye was immediately drawn to the intricate design to the right of the door and the gold lettering on the window. Yeah, I'm a geek, but I love the unusual. Next time I come to New York I definitely have to visit SOHO.

Seitenstra├če said...

I bet Girls are not allowed...

cheers, Beatrice

Terry B, Blue Kitchen said...

A great shot, Kitty, a perfect New York moment captured.

Mike said...

My hair grows so fast. It is so annoying.

Ken Mac said...

huh. This looks cool.